Friday, July 24, 2015

Hey everybody!

Well, I've never had a blog before, so this is quite the new experience for me.

I guess I should start with a little bit about myself.

My name's Rebecca Ann Piercey, but most people just call me Becca. Some people call me Liz, although I'm not entirely sure how I got that nick name. Apparently it's because I think lizards are cute.

I'm (almost) 21 and I'm a senior in college.

I love to write, and I write often. I have more book ideas than I know what to do with, but I've only successfully written two novels.  While this may make me a nerd, at least I'll never have to think hard about a "unique fact about myself" when I get stuck playing that stupid icebreaker game. (Hopefully, that will be over after college)

I'm a Christian. That probably should have been the first thing I wrote about, as it's the most important thing about my identity. I asked Jesus into my heart at age four and have been following Him ever since! I also go to the most awesome church ever, so there's that. I feel like God has called me to be a missionary (this is a rather recent development), so right now I'm learning a new language and preparing myself for that.

I really love hot sauce. I mean, really. I used to carry it around with me in my purse.

I'm also an avid reader. Some of my favorite books include, The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa, anything by Katie McGarry, the Matched series by Allie Condie, the Watersong series by Amanda Hocking, and the Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling.

There have also been a few books that have really changed my life. Divergent is the first of those books. The lesson of selflessness that Tris learns is something that not only moved me as a reader, but helped me grow in my faith. This is something I hope to do with my own books. The second book is Ink by Amanda Sun. I love the beautiful detailed description of Japan and it's culture in this book. I plan on going there one day, and Amanda Sun's series makes me so excited to go.


I really also like TV. Netflix is life. Some of my favorite shows include: Roswell, One Tree Hill, Supernatural, Teen Wolf, Finding Carter and Reign.

Other than that, I guess I really like to draw. I hardly ever upload my art anymore, but maybe I'll post a few sketches here and there.

Well, that's me! Hopefully, this blog is off to a good start.

Peace out, yo.

-Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment