Monday, August 24, 2015

Being a Senior and Writing a Sequel

So, today was my first day of my senior year of college! Well, my first senior year, anyways. I get to be in college for five years instead of four, but that's okay. More fun for me!

I'm really tired now, but it was a pretty great day. I'm really excited for my Japanese class. I know it's going to be a challenging language to learn, but I'm certain that it will be very rewarding.

As far as book news, I don't have much. There's going to be A LOT of awesome news I'll post in September. Maybe I'll even get to post my cover! Who knows, but look out for that! In the meantime, I'm writing book two of the series.

I'm finding my sequel to be much less difficult to write than Blood Princess was.  I know my characters really well now. I guess that's a weird thing to say, since, you know, I made them up in the first place. I just know them as well as I know myself. I know how Laura would react in any situation, and Shane too. When you first create a character, that's the kind of stuff you have to think about. Now that I've done all that, it's much easier to get into the character's head when I'm writing.

You'd think that means that the writing process goes a lot faster, but it hasn't. Netflix exists, so there is the eternal struggle of watch Netflix or be productive. Netflix wins a lot.

Well, that's all the news I've got for now. I'm so excited to share Blood Princess with you all. Only a few more months, and it will be here!

Well, goodnight everyone! Thanks for the support!

Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment